YOUR FIRST WHITEWATER KAYAKING EXPERIENCE
Whether you're keen on kickstarting your kayaking career or unsure if kayaking is your thing - but you'd like to try it, we designed this half-day program to give you a fair idea of what whitewater kayaking entails.
We'll start by introducing you to the equipment and outfitting the kayaks to suit your body dimensions. After that, the safety briefing will be quite extensive as there are many things we need to cover since you're new to the whitewater environment. Next, we'll teach you how to exit the upside-down kayak and a few basic strokes and techniques that will help keep your first whitewater kayaking descent in control and fun. Our goal is to build a solid core of skills that you'll be able to develop your progress on – and – to get you excited about kayaking!
We'll kayak from Kobarid to Kamno, which is a scenic 6km class I-II section with many opportunities to test your newly acquired skills.
Since with this program, we'll try to get you hooked on kayaking; we are keeping it at a promotional price.
Price € 80 per person
- Licensed and experienced guide(s)
- All equipment needed
- Transfer to and from the activity
- Liability insurance
- Personal/travel insurance*
*It is a good idea to check if your insurance provider covers whitewater kayaking
- 2,5h – 3h lesson time (depending on group size)
- 4h total time
What you should bring
- Swimwear, towel and a change of clothes
- Snacks and water
- Action Camera
- Not recommended to people with heart conditions and pregnant women
- You need to be a swimmer
- 12 years old minimum
- Alternatively, children can join the course at a younger age if they are at least 150cm tall and comfortable in water environments (please enquire)
- No previous experience is needed
- € 80 per person